Saturday, February 9, 2013

...it begins

I'd like to share with you a trip that I am going to take to Addis, Ethiopia this summer.  I've been given the wonderful opportunity to be part of a mission trip with Two Hearts for Hope and Project 61, traveling to the village of Korah in Ethiopia during the first two weeks of July.  While we are there (our group also includes 4 other Kaz adoptive moms!), we will be helping with a summer VBS camp for the children in the village...along with giving meals, providing activities and nurture.

I will be involved with a couple of fundraisers to assist with my travel and baggage expenses, but I am also looking for sponsors.  I'm hoping to have 40 people sponsor me for $20.00 or more towards this effort.  However, I realize that amount might not be possible and any amount you are able to give would be greatly appreciated.

Those of you who know me well know how difficult it is for me to ask for help....but this time, I found it more difficult to say "no" to this opportunity.  If you are sending a check, please make it out to Denise Emma...or you can directly use the Paypal button.  (Technology is sometimes very cool).

Thank you for letting me share one of my life long dreams.  If you cannot help me in a financial way...please support me in prayers...well wishes and good thoughts.

Just as when I went to Bulgaria in 2010, I will keep a blog of my efforts in getting ready and daily updates when I am there.  And so.....it begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment